So you installed WordPress, now what? well, just follow this post to know the very basic administration of this awesome CMS:
1. Login to your back-end(admin), via http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin with your credentials.
you’ll will see the admin panel (dashboard) on the landing page. WordPress menu is in left sidebar, so there, you will have different menu options.
2. Click on posts to see current posts and add new posts. Posts are the main content of your WordPress site. You can add as many post as you want here. Posts are content entries listed in reverse chronological order on your blog’s home page.
There are categories and Tags here, where you can add multiple categories and tags, and then assign post to them.
3. Media is where you can upload Images, max size up to 3-10 MB(depends on server, can be change later). also, you can delete/modify the existing media from here.
4. Pages menu, is where you create or edit/delete existing one.
Pages are different from posts, as pages don’t use category and tags.
An example is about-us page. Pages can be displayed in sidebar using widgets or as menu items.
5. Comments, here you can see and manage comments. Approve, Reject or delete a comment etc.
6. Appearance menu, is where you can change/delete/modify themes and add, edit or delete a widget.
Also, You can assign an image as background from here. Different Menus and header item for your site can also be edited/added from here.
7. Plugins, where you can extend the functionality of your WordPress site.
There many different kind of plugins available that will change the way how site works.
8. Users, Where The Admin can add a new user or delete the existing one. Admin can change role of the user from here.
9. Tools, is where there are some little tools available to make the sharing and blogging easy for you.
10. Settings, is where you can change main settings of your WordPress site. Change how many posts will be visible, change date/time, timezone, language and many other settings.